The Passenger Ferry “Echo”

The Echo was built 1902 by “Bat” Fogarty as a party boat. It was later sold to Ellick Rush in 1912, who used it as a ferry between Boca Grande and La Costa Islands to show land to prospective buyers.  The Echo was built at “Bat” Forgarty’s boat building yard on the Manatee River.

Echo at Bradenton City Pier

Echo1

Credit this photo: State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory, http://floridamemory.com/items/show/148757

Echo’s engine room

Echo2

Credit this photo: State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory, http://floridamemory.com/items/show/148759

Echo under construction – Manatee River, Florida

echo3

Credit this photo: State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory, http://floridamemory.com/items/show/148758