Matlacha’s First Post Office

Matlacha was originally called Harrsenville, named after Harro P. Harrsen.  The elder Harrsen carried mail three time a week from St. James City to Harrsenville, where he had a post office in his home.  That post office was in operation from 1899 – 1903.  Matlacha’s current post office was established in 1953,

This Chapter Mail Delivery
Next Chapter Living Here-The Early Years
Home Page