In 1904, H. W. Martin built the first house where a popular restaurant is today. Inside was Bokeelia’s first post office and general store. There was a large pier in front of their store that ran out into Charlotte Harbor where boats docked with the mail and supplies for the town’s few residents, and for any passengers. Martin’s wife ran a boarding house for the passengers off the boats.. The building has been the Crab Shack Restaurant and is now Capt.’N Cons Fish House.
Below is a picture of the Martin’s Boarding House.